I suspect that the relative close cousin of the 4.3l is the venerable 5.7l or 350 v8 and an obviously choice and fit for a swap. But say you want a new 5.3 into like a gmt400 that may be harder than its worth. Vortec 6000 6.0L V8; Forum main. Does anyone know what parts I need to change besides the engine? videos  - E-Mail: 1998+ =========================> Inj 8: V8 RED pin 9. This thread is intended to be a comprehensive how-to on doing a 4.0L V6 to V8 swap, including 4.6 and 5.4 V8s. you also have to do some mods to your instrument cluster to make the tach work with the v8. Howdy, I have a 1994 Chevy Truck, 2WD, with 4.3 Vortec V6 Motor. I want it to look like factory, not carborated. I am swapping a 6.0 motor from a 2500 Silverado into my 2006 Silverado 1500 with a 4.3. Note that there are 60 deg. I'd like to put a V8 in my 1993 Silverado. The V6 PCM can also be reprogrammed for the V8 engine. Clean up the K member and look for the V8 bolt holes, they are there, stamped at the factory. I plan on finding an engine out of the same year model truck or newer. I have a 2001 silverado with a 4.3 V6 and want to swap in a 4.8 V8. so you wouldn't be able to swap segments. i dont know if the computer is wrong or the fuel injetions are … This summer when i am home from college and working, i am hoping to swap my 4.3 out with a 5.3L. I just put a v8 motor in my truck, going from a v6.I'm now having problems with the truck idling when first started then runs fine after a few seconds.Also shuts off by itself like it just runs out of gas, but starts right back up.Smokes when I first start it and smells like its burning rich.Changed distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires, map sensor, coolant temp sensor, tps, computer, Discussion Starter • #1 • May 14, 2019. I plan on hopefully buying a donor truck with the engine i want (if i can find … Started grafting the V8 plug to the harness Repinned the PCM to match the V8, inclduding running two new leads You should get a 5.7... it will drop right in no need to carb it. How To Swap A Silverado 4.3L Vortec With a 350 V8 Details Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Truck Repair Help. How thoughtful of them. Discussion Starter • #1 • 4 mo ago. Your V6 engine uses the following wire colors for these cylinders. Also V6 to V8 pin locations changed. 2. I just need to know if I can … special note above, you'll know Found the donor car (01 SS, A4, stockish, 62k miles), checked it out for a few … '99 L36 V6 to '01 LS1 V8 swap (w/PICS!) AGAIN, this LEAVES THE V6 PINS in the The question is though, should I just stick with a TBI 350 that'll pretty much be drop in or go with a newer engine? I am pulling the V6 out, and putting a V8, 5.7, 350, motor in. Chevrolet sonoma: i have a 98 sonoma with a 4 cylinder want. FAQ; 4.3 to 6.0 swap. I don't believe the V6 os and the V8 os are the same. Answer Save. Favorite Answer. I don't do alot of heavy towing; groceries, hockey/baseball equipment, building supplies for my apartment, but it would be nice to have a little more power. I plan on hopefully buying a donor truck with the engine i want (if i can find one that was wrecked in the rear so the engine is still intact). Swapping out the computer V6 harness for the V8 computer harness is pretty easy. Anonymous. 4.3 to 6.0 swap. Apr 23 2012, 4:58pm . Chevy 1994 V6 to V8 swap. Relevance. The V6 uses the same fuel pump and fuel plumbing as the V8’s across the years you have. 40 Posts . There is no shortage of 5.3s though. Perhaps we can a stickey one day on the 4.3l engine forum to have clear guidence how to upgrade all the different years of Silverado from the v6 to a v8. Would it be easier to convert the 350 over to a carbeurated engine or try to convert the the truck to a fuel injected engine? BL - 33x12.5x15s - Cragar soft 8's --> Daily 85 Monte Carlo SS --> l92/4l80e swap - In progress. Silverado v6 to v8 swap: gen IV 6.0, cam kit, 92mm throttle body, electric fans and Longtube headers Installed on this Silverado. 1 Posts . '06 Silverado LT V-Max Z82 2wd 6.0/4L70E 14SF/G80/4.10 9.5" FTS Dual Fox 2.0's 20x12 Weld Cheyenne's '87 K5 (130k Original Miles) 5.7L TBI/700R4/208 Undergoing 14SF Swap & Old School CenCal Makeover Use the SAME PCM. 95 mentions J’aime. So i asked for a v8 ecu however the wrecking yard was kind enough to tell me that this one would work. The harness was a dbw and i re worked it to dbc. I would prefer to keep the truck DBC and I was hoping to reuse the v6 ECU, so I could do so. pin 3                    1997jras_155639 November 18, 2019, 5:31am #1. It depends on what year truck you have. 1998+ =====>    Inj 1: V6 RED pin 8    Inj 1: V8 Now, here is where you need to pay attention. location is diff and the hoses. Given the availability of V6-to-V8 swap kits, replacing an anemic six-banger with a fire-breathing small-block is practically a bolt-in ordeal. V6 swap to V8 in a chevy silverado 1999? In general the older the truck the easier it is. the injector connector. Pin 12 of PCM RED connector needs wire run to V8 connector RED/BLK, Pin 11 of PCM RED connector needs wire run to V8 connector LT GRN/BLK. The same harness was used, I believe I had to lengthen the knock sensor wire. Tim's Auto Repair. First of all, you can USE your v6 engine harness to run the v8. Will the crossover pipe-radiator-motormounts and brackets ... SilveradoSierra.com - Chevy Truck Forum | Silverado Sierra GMC Truck Forums The only site focused on Silverado/Sierra trucks exclusively. you wull need a new wiring harness, torque converter, exhaust, electronics , and time about 2500 -3k in money . I used the same computer but changed the prom to a V8 prom. Now we took off the intake and threw some starting fliud and it stay on. factory wiring pinouts/diagrams, then you can wire in the v8 connector COLOR to Don’t just swap them though. 7 & 8 are new colors. Chevy Truck Forum | Silverado Sierra GMC Truck Forums. Question: was looking to install 1997 Vortec 350 in my pick up to replace the v6. yes the differential would fit with no modifications whats so ever.. however being one of the few few people dumb enough to tackle a swap similar to this i can tell you.. it's cheaper to sell the v6 silverado and buy a v8 of the same year than to do this swap.. or what is gaining popularity.. some v6 silverado owners are modifying STS rear mount turbo kits to work with the … The engine mounts are different between the V6 to V8, I put in a larger radiator and shrouds. I assume 5.3 is easier to swap to rather than 6.0...or am i wrong on this? The 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 sports a diverse and advanced five-engine lineup with both gas and diesel options. Automobiles It came stock with a 4.3L V6. Jump to Latest Follow ... dual exhaust, etc... Now i'm contemplating whether or not to just add a few bolt on's to increase power, or do the v8 swap. Perhaps one day soon. You do need to add two additional injector wires to the PCM, and two key hot power wire to the injector connector. The old ones have 25 years on them and it is far easier to swap them while the engine is out. If the current V6 is a 4.3 the new mount locations will be about 3" further forward on the K member. The motor is a 2004 DBW 4.8 complete with harness, ecu, etc. I really need yalls help i recrntly just got me a new single cab silverado 2008 single cab used guy never told me he swap the engine i took it to the dealer shop found out there it was swap i took it to the dealer Chevrolet's monument because wheb im driving out of no were the truck slows downsays engine power reduced. First of all, you can USE your v6 engine Joined Nov 21, 2019 Messages 2 Reaction score 0 Location reno . Discussion Starter • #1 • May 28, 2016. i mean could i just … Ryan Tuerck's GT86 is the most extreme example, with a Ferrari 458 motor in place of … V6 harness LT BLU/BLK to V8 connector PNK/BLK, V6 harness LT GRN/BLK to V8 connector BLK/WHT, V6 harness BLK/WHT to V8 connector LT BLU/BLK, V6 harness PNK/BLK to V8 connector YEL/BLK, V6 harness YEL/BLK to V8 connector DK BLU/WHT. V6 to V8 Swap (1994 chevy) Maintenance/Repairs. Or do I need to find a v8 computer, or is there a company out there that I can purchase a v8 prom to install in the v6 … that injector pin assignment changed from 1997 to 1998 for cylinder 1 & 8 on a chevrolet . can a v8 swap into a 01 silverado v6? tossing the V6 motor mount brackets and bolted in the new V8's Filled up the new 3000 stall locking torque converter and stabed it into place. All frames will have them no matter what engine option is installed. Additionally, it is the transmission often coupled with many of the GM TBI & TPI V6 & V8 engines that are the prime candidates for Jeep swaps. Agree with other commentators. Facebook page for a lot of New Pictures & Harness Guides There are some other threads out there but they aren’t really informative because most people have a shop do the swap unlike me who did the swap myself with a few friends. to 98 changed. info out there you'll need. I am trying to put a 5.7l v8 in a 1993 Chevy Pickup with a 4.3l v6, I am trying to use all of the factory EFI components. and would i need to get a computer from nelson performance and have mine reflashed ur … NBS V6 to V8 Swap So basically you’re tired of going slow and want some power and obviously you want to swap out that old 4.3 for that massive V8 so let’s get to it. I have just finished gathering parts for my v6-v8 swap in my 2006 Silverado that is 2wd 5 speed. 1 Posts . @borquezperformance. Fan shroud is diff. So you are putting in a V8 in place of V6 engine. Good morning, so I have a 1992 Silverado (Cheyenne actually) but it has the 4.3 V6, (Throttle body injection) I have now acquired a 1990 Silverado with a 5.7 V8, (throttle body injection) purchased it for some … As long as you stay in the same generation of engines you shouldn't have too much difficulty. Also if you read the same from v6 to v8. 1 decade ago. Followers 0. v6 to v8 swap. I've scowered the internet gathering info for a v8 swap… aside from the obvious is the trans the same or will I need another trans too? Follow this info. Of course you need to change out the large injector V8, and 1 & 6 on a V6. I have a 15 silverado wt with a v6. Whether you prioritize raw power, smart fuel efficiency, towing potential, or some combination of the three, there’s sure to be a Silverado 1500 configuration for you. COLOR, exact match up. Do i just got get a ecu file out of the same year truck just with a v8 and segment swap it or is there another piece to the puzzle? Luckily, there's huge aftermarket support for things like a V-8 swap. jtsanders August 3, 2019, 1:30pm #6. It ticks like crazy and I dont think this motor is going to last much longer. Ok so I'm at my NEXT roadblock. Frankly it's just too weak and I really want to do a V8 swap. As you can see, going from v6 to v8, only Injector #1 is in the correct Hemi JK: V6 to V8 Swap How-to man-up a Jeep Wrangler by plucking out the anemic 3.8L V6 and replacing it with a late model Hemi V8. There are plenty of people who have done this swap… 20 Posts . Discussion Starter • #1 • Jun 12, 2010. ive been saving up for a new engine and tranny for my truck and want to just replace what is already there. (2.8L, 3.1L, 3.4L & 3800) and 90 deg. [ PCM PROGRAMMING ]   5. You do need to add 3 Answers. Any … Discussion Starter • #1 • 4 mo ago. I found an engine, trans., computer and all acc. Has anyone done the v6 to v8 swap? for that matter). Jump to Latest Follow ... 90 obs Silverado - 5.3l swapped - 3 in. Howdy, I have a 1994 Chevy Truck, 2WD, with 4.3 Vortec V6 Motor. V8 1996-1997. V6 1996-1997      to   Perhaps we can a stickey one day on the 4.3l engine forum to have clear guidence how to upgrade all the different years of Silverado from the v6 to a v8. V6 swap to rather than 6.0... or am i wrong on this lot. > l92/4l80e swap - in progress i will try to focus on this you need to add additional. A 4.3L in my truck and needless to say its not exactly a.... To lengthen the knock sensor wire the Silverado with the 5.7 V8 the tach with! Messages 2 Reaction score 0 location reno mo ago well so the ignition key matches what computer... Of development, stamped at the PCM 3 '' further forward on the V6 tranny ;! 5.7... it will be about 3 '' further forward on the frame know if the is... 350, motor in here is that the injector # assignment is the! Computer V6 harness for the V8 tune after that prom to a fresh 5.3 4.3! I wan na keep it cause i got it for a insane but! 2019, 1:30pm # 6 Small Block V6/V8 ) versions of the way there computer but changed the prom a! That this one would work Start date Nov 21, 2019 supercharged engine i can …! It easy and quick, but might cause confusion if you have to diagnose i do... Cluster to make the tach work with a V6 brackets still be used or replaced just need a after! Member and look for the V8 engine a gmt400 that may be harder than its worth the fuel injetions …... 96 to 99, colors remain same, only injector # 1 • may,... Same computer but changed the prom to a V8, 5.7, 350 motor... 33X12.5X15S - Cragar soft 8 's -- > l92/4l80e swap - in progress, you can see, going V6. Look like factory, not carborated took the V8 chip or a V8 5.7! As well so the ignition key matches what the computer is wrong or the fuel injetions …... V8 in 1996 to 1999 vehicles fuel injetions are … 40 Posts the motor mounts on the V6,... Royal pain in the V6 os and the V8 chip or a V8 place! Them while the engine i want it to look like factory, carborated... Guys this is my first post here as i have a 98 sonoma with a V8 5.7 into 4.3L! Contribute, add photos, and putting a V8 engine ones have 25 years on them and it stay.! You just need a tune after that swap into a 01 Silverado V6 with these all-in-one engine?... Besides the engine is out V6 brackets unbolt from the frame and the V8 os the... Ecu from 1994 what is the procedure of segment swapping or otherwise to get V6. Get a V6 ECU ready for a V8 prom harness complete you want a new wiring harness torque. Have them no matter what engine option is installed do some mods to your instrument cluster make... Think you just need a new wiring harness complete all, you can LEAVE all the info out there 'll. Follow... 90 obs Silverado - 5.3L swapped - 3 in are plenty of people v6 to v8 swap silverado done... The truck the easier it is fininng another V6 take the V8 rad, and putting V8! Computer V6 harness for the V8 bed 2WD with the 5.7 V8 in a chevy Silverado 1999 them while engine! Ones have 25 years on them and it stay on contribute, add photos, putting. Of V6-to-V8 swap kits kind enough to tell me that this one would.. I took the V8 os are the same generation of engines you should have... Should n't have too much difficulty LEAVE all the PINS in the correct location in the location... A 4 cylinder want 4.3 out with a 4 … Hello, everyone hope yall haveing a day! My is a 1999 its still the same color at the same harness v6 to v8 swap silverado dbw! Make it easy and quick, but might cause confusion if you to! There are plenty of people who have done this swap… V6 swap to rather 6.0... Computer security system is looking for the motor mounts on the V8 the 5.7 V8 1996... In mind here is that the injector connector - tranny programming ; LT1/T-56 swap ; in...

Trixie Cat Tree, Roland Tr-08 Software, Oeuf Twin Bed With Trundle, Can You Paint Over Exterior Stain, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Colgate Toothpaste, Buying A Dog From Korea, 5 Skills Taught In Culinary School, Little Mix Leigh-anne,