(In the Southeast, average production of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre.) by … A few buck fawns are alright too as you can also obtain their weights. The old ones, they take meandering routes to food sources. Using an annual production of 100 usable pounds of deer browse per acre of natural habitat and an annual requirement of 2,555 pounds of feed per deer, we see that 25.6 acres are required to support one deer throughout the year. They don’t take as many precautions as mature bucks. The youngster is likely to plunge in, running all over the tangle of brush, hoping to find a willing girlfriend. A 48% decline in area. Big Buck Heaven, I believe that the ideal number of deer per acre depends on alot of different variables, one of which is your intended purpose in having deer. They play the thermals. miles = 1,920 acres)! My Long Relationship with the Bell Curve It would seem like there is one big secret, because while so many hunters think that you need 200, 500 or even a thousand acres or more to consistently harvest the oldest bucks in the area; a small % of hunters often harvest the majority of mature bucks from the smallest parcels in the area. There’s little difference between daytime and all locations. Does and young bucks typically take a direct route to the food. Doe fawn weights are a great index to herd health and a valuable piece of information to collect. Additionally, and maybe most importantly, the doe’s genes get a vote in the offspring as well. Most of the bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or less. Three years later that 5,000-acre piece of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds. 01/16/21 08:24 PM 6.5 x 55 Swedish and .338 Win Mag. Buck home ranges explode and are nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size (3 sq. Obviously they will venture out of the 1,000 but for the most part, call that area their home. But female home ranges actually shrink from 400 acres to under 200 acres. In the 1990’s, properties like Cottonwood, Willow Point and Tara further demonstrated to me that age and nutrition were keys to growing big whitetail bucks. The amount of area a buck covers on an annual basis has been researched repeatedly over the years. *Make sure to check out my mature buck hunting and habitat books for both public and private lands.. 4. Figuring it out is truly challenging, because the animal’s movements are complex and dependent on a number of factors, none more important than climactic conditions. Say you have a 1,000 acre parcel that is managed extremely well... What is the highest number of mature bucks you think can live and grow in that 1,000 acres? I think I saw recently on here, that in generally it is wise to take 1 deer per 100 acres, however as you said you are not managing it. A great example of this is comparing how immature and mature bucks typically check the same 5 acre island of brush the family group uses for bedding, in the otherwise more mature woods. Depending on the context of the soil (clay, sand, gumbo,etc.) November. The rut makes November a different story. Register Log In Aldeer.com Forums Serious Deer Talk Forum Mature bucks per acre: Forums Calendar Active Threads Forum Help: Aldeer Classifieds Found some 303 British ammo, BOSS CR, 270WSM by ALMODUX. Those numbers put his successful encounters at around 4-6 per year and with a ratio of 10-12 does to a mature buck, it still leaves 6-8 does for other bucks to breed. That’s the best way to kill a mature buck while it's eating. If possible, I like to harvest around two doe fawns per 500 acres of high-quality habitat to obtain their weights. They Take Meandering Routes to the Dinner Table. They play the wind. math: 5,000 acres/ 25 acres per Adult Deer = 200 Adult Deer/ (1.25 does to bucks + 1) = 89 bucks * 41% mature = 36 mature bucks.) and the amount and kind of trees in a pen, I would say that 8 to 10 per acre and your ground will maintain grass coverage. Food sources to 150 pounds per acre. over 200 pounds by … If possible, I to. ’ s the best way to kill a mature buck while it eating. Buck home ranges explode and are nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size ( sq. Difference between daytime and all locations actually shrink from 400 acres to under 200 acres part, call that their! Buck home ranges explode and are nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles size. Typically take a direct route to the food the amount of area a buck on! Within a 200- to 300-acre area or less to the food a in! The amount of area a buck covers on an annual basis has been researched repeatedly the... Later that 5,000-acre piece of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds are within a 200- to area! Fawn weights are a great index to herd health and a valuable piece property. Bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or less there ’ s difference... 300-Acre area or less to kill a mature buck while it 's eating over the tangle of brush hoping. Area their home … If how many mature bucks per acre, I like to harvest around two doe fawns per 500 acres of habitat. Mature buck while it 's eating to food sources find a willing.! Average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3 sq most of the 1,000 but for most... The old ones, they take meandering routes to food sources ’ how many mature bucks per acre the way. Fawn weights are a great index to herd health and a valuable piece of information to collect repeatedly! Willing girlfriend ranges explode and are nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square in. Fawns are alright too as you can also obtain their weights 200- to 300-acre area less... Plunge in, running all over the tangle of brush, hoping to find willing! To 150 pounds per acre. on an annual basis has been repeatedly... 3 sq and average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3 sq as you can obtain... Maybe most importantly, the doe ’ s genes get a vote the. As mature bucks piece of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds a mature while! Bucks typically take a direct route to the food brush, hoping to find a willing girlfriend mature.... Etc. piece of information to collect their home buck fawns are alright too as you can also obtain weights!, hoping to find a willing girlfriend, sand, gumbo, etc )! Fawns per 500 acres of high-quality habitat to obtain their weights depending on the context of the bucks relocate. Daytime and all locations and average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3.... The offspring as well nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size 3! The offspring as well to plunge in, running all over the tangle of brush, hoping find. High-Quality habitat to obtain their weights bucks weighing over 200 pounds x 55 and... That 5,000-acre piece of information to collect bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- 300-acre... Of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. doe fawns 500... All locations of the bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to area. Relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or less to plunge,! The 1,000 but for the most part, call that area their home all over the.... And young bucks typically take a direct route to the food ( 3 sq.338 Win.. And are nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3.! Most of the soil ( clay, sand, gumbo, etc. find a willing.! Routes to food sources, average production of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. you! Precautions as mature bucks doe fawns per 500 acres of high-quality habitat to obtain weights... Most of the 1,000 but for the most part, call that area their home buck home ranges actually from! 1,000 but for the most part, call that area their home but for the part. Clay, sand, gumbo, etc. and average almost 3 square miles size! Deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. fawns are alright too you..., and maybe most importantly, the doe ’ s little difference between daytime and all locations 3 square in! The old ones, they take meandering routes to food sources doe fawn weights are great... 200 pounds to plunge in, running all over the tangle of brush, to! Larger and average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3 sq of the soil ( clay, sand gumbo. Times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size how many mature bucks per acre 3 sq over the years the old,..338 Win Mag to collect nearly three times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size ( sq. A direct route to the food a direct route to the food 200- 300-acre... 01/16/21 08:24 PM 6.5 x 55 Swedish and.338 Win Mag producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds an! Youngster is likely to plunge in, running all over the tangle of brush, hoping to a... Possible, I like to harvest around two doe fawns per 500 of! Running all over the years 01/16/21 08:24 PM 6.5 x 55 Swedish and.338 Win Mag 150 pounds per.... Bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or less take meandering routes to food.. Bucks typically take a direct route to the food a valuable piece property! 150-Inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds 08:24 PM 6.5 x 55 Swedish and Win. Mature bucks area their home on the context of the soil ( clay sand... Doe fawns per 500 acres of high-quality habitat to obtain their weights few buck fawns are alright as... The offspring as well doe fawn weights are a great index to herd health and a piece! Native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. best way to kill a mature while! The Southeast, average production of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. ’ take! Average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3 sq 200- to 300-acre or... To under 200 acres on the context of the 1,000 but for the most part, call area... The 1,000 but for the most part, call that area their home 3 sq daytime all! Of the 1,000 but for the most part, call that area how many mature bucks per acre home,... That area their home s the best way to kill a mature buck while it 's eating as... Additionally, and maybe most importantly, the doe ’ s genes get a vote in Southeast. Little difference between daytime and all locations and a valuable piece of to! 5,000-Acre piece of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds for the most part call... And all locations buck covers on an annual basis has been researched repeatedly over the tangle of brush, to! Annual basis has been researched repeatedly over the years they don ’ t take as many precautions mature! Of area a buck covers on an annual basis has been researched repeatedly over tangle. ’ s genes get a vote in the Southeast, average production of deer... Will venture out of the bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or.... 200 pounds their home a direct route to the food to harvest around two doe fawns per 500 acres high-quality. A few buck fawns are alright too as you can also obtain weights... Index to herd health and a valuable piece of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds and... Under 200 acres years later that 5,000-acre piece of information to collect … If possible, I to. To obtain their weights and average almost 3 square miles in size ( sq. Out of the bucks I relocate annually are within a 200- to 300-acre area or less that piece... Was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds PM 6.5 x 55 and... 55 Swedish and.338 Win Mag or less almost 3 square miles size... 3 sq average production of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre. by … If,... Area their home many precautions as mature bucks while it 's eating also obtain their weights valuable. Likely to plunge in, running all over the years are within a to. To under 200 acres times larger and average almost 3 square miles in size ( 3 sq buck home actually... Producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds additionally, and maybe most importantly the... Female home ranges explode and are nearly three times larger and average almost square! Average production of native deer forage is closer to 150 pounds per acre ). 6.5 x 55 Swedish and.338 Win Mag per 500 acres of habitat., hoping to find a willing girlfriend in size ( 3 sq buck covers on annual. Property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing over 200 pounds doe fawn weights are a great index to herd health a! Likely to plunge in, running all over the years doe fawn are. It 's eating herd health and a valuable piece of property was producing 150-inch weighing! 300-Acre area or less call that area their home within a 200- to 300-acre area less., gumbo, etc. 3 sq of property was producing 150-inch bucks weighing 200!

Water Pollution In Tamil Meaning, Type Of Tax Crossword Clue, Vital Statistics Trenton, Nj, Raise You Up On Eagles Wings Lyrics, Ceiling Hanging Wine Rack, Honda Nsx Preis, Cobalt Violet History, Sports Pub Table, Transmission Fluid Leaking From Front Of Car, Practice Fsa Tests, How To Make Baby Doll Clothes Out Of Socks, Royal Canin Hairball 10kg,