I don’t know of any breeders out your way that I can recommend, but I can direct you to an article written by Cindy from Regis Regal German Shepherds. Their fur is not matted and they don't smell of urine or poop. If they claim the puppy/dog is registered, the registration papers are not printed on official documents. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Or they sell their pups through a pet shop. So no, adoption is not as easy as you make it sound. Can your dogs deal with 70* weather year round? However, you’re in luck since I have been in communication with a breeder in Illinois with over 30 years of experience. They have extensive knowledge of the GSD breed and can answer any breed-specific question you have. You'll know exactly what a legit kennel looks like. Do you per chance have and reputable GSD breeder you can recommend in Illinois? Hope the adoption was successful! And even more so from the ‘ban all breeders' faction. If they breed more than one it's usually a similar type of dog. And that's what we want. And it's not uncommon for them to breed bitches that are too young or way past retirement age. They usually only breed one or two litters per year. Thank you for this wonderful article! They breed bitches and dogs under the age of 24 months. Cookies help us deliver our Services. German Shepherd Breed Types: Which One is Right for You? In the UK it's The Kennel Club and in Australia, it's the Australian National Kennel Council. This question however is not as easy to answer because now we are looking at a rather homogenous group. Guardians, breeders, enthusiasts, and general dog-lovers, share your German Shepherd pictures, training tips, videos, questions, and concerns here! So yes, it means you'll have to give your pup back to get a replacement. I'm sure there are a few that treat their dogs well. They are happy to let you take a puppy home before the age of 12 weeks. So tread lightly if you come across a breeder who keeps their pups in stark kennels until they are ready to go to a new home. This is why it's so important to take your time when picking a pup. Parents with a show grading of G (Good) can be breed surveyed and therefore have pups with a pink pedigree. But it will minimize the chances of health issues in the future. There are a lot of people in the industry just looking to take advantage of their dog, not really caring for their welfare and only looking to make some easy money. I have reached out to my vet for references but would love to know if you have any as well for the Chicago-land area (will travel to IN, WI & MI if necessary). The puppies are dirty with matted coats and muck in their eyes and noses. And a variety of different smells, sounds, and sights. We are dedicated German Shepherd Dog owners, trainers and breeders, a husband and wife - Serge and Veronika. Thanks for reaching out! Can you make a referral for a reputable and well meaning breeder in New York? They spend the minimum on medical care and their breeding pairs are kept in terrible conditions. Check out these articles to help you on your way to picking the best breeder and pup for you…. This is an essential part of you making the right decision. 3 karma points to post, accounts must be at least 3 days old, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Your email address will not be published. Because getting a puppy is not a matter to be taken lightly. These dogs needed speed, keen senses, strength and sheer courage in the face of dangerous killers. Which is equally important to know. I recommend getting in touch with Cindy, she’s got over 30 years of experience with this breed as well as extensive experience with service dogs. We are a breeder of top, world-class quality German Shepherd puppies of West German bloodlines with impeccable Temperaments and type. Unfortunately, reputable breeders are few and far between. Of course, if they are not willing to give any references, it's time to find another breeder. But, just because a breeder is on the first page of a Google search doesn't mean they are reputable. So your best bet is to connect with well-known clubs or federations and begin sourcing a breeder from there. The pups are not keen to interact with humans and come across as shy or frightened. NJ or Pa. How to Find a Reputable German Shepherd Breeder. Here's a handy map on the WUSV website where you can locate official German Shepherd clubs across the globe. They don't screen potential buyers. I have been painstakingly researching, and reaching out (to a select few), to breeders for months. Vom Banach K9 is a leading breeder of World class AKC Registered Purebred working lines German Shepherd puppies for personal companionship and protection, law enforcement, tracking, detection, herding, agility, obedience, IPO, Schutzhund and nose work. They don't breed bitches or dogs under the age of 24 months. All of our German shepherd puppies are from top German Shepherd Parents and are top show rated Although this is not a make or break in deciding whether a breeder is reputable or not. I prefer breed-specific clubs to national kennel clubs. So to find a reputable breeder it's important to know the differences…. All German Shepherd Dog found here are from AKC-Registered parents. Lumping reputable breeders in there with the BYB's and puppy mill breeders is unfair. I am looking for a German shepherd puppy for a companion/ service dog for my son who had epilepsy. Once you find a few breeders, feel free to get in touch with me if you’d like some input from me. Also, they sell their pups cheaply and have no problem dropping prices to make room for a new litter. Guardians, breeders, enthusiasts, and general dog-lovers, share your German Shepherd pictures, training tips, videos, questions, and concerns here! Copyright © 2014–2021 GermanShepherdCorner.com All Rights Reserved. All our German Shepherd puppies are raised with quality care from day one to insure a happy, confident, well balanced temperament. We’re willing to drive anywhere wthin 8 hours drive for a recommended one. They strive to breed top German Shepherds with great temperaments … Website: southfloridashepherds.com. And it’s not the ideal option for everyone. Almost every country across the globe has an official kennel club. If you are meticulous in breeder selection, you’re likely to get a puppy with healthy qualities. Personally, I attach more value to the OFA Evaluation because it's done at 24 months which is the acceptable age to begin breeding. I wanted a few pointers as well, I am looking for a German Shepherd breeder myself, I just want them to be well mannered, intelligent, and have the right health and betterment that the breed is meant to have. And the canine race at large, for that matter. The thing here is, a pup with pink papers is not necessarily of a higher quality than a pup with white papers. The combination of the Chinese Chow Chow and the German Shepherd gives you… Meaning it's virtually impossible for them to determine who's reputable and who's not. Sadly, it’s pretty difficult to find a breeder whose main focus is the preservation and betterment of the breed. Perhaps you could reach out to her (a link to her website and contact details are in the author bio) and ask whether she can refer you to a breeder close to you. They have no real knowledge of the breed, temperament or known breed-specific health issues. Sense of what to look for to weed out bad breeders you sign a contract! Shelter, try searching for a reputable breeder in new York very high quality Shepherd. Money by breeding pups with the new pupper back I was wondering if you know any breeders this. Are reputable mittelwest is a German Shepherd from the ‘ adopt do n't anyone. Their pups through a pet shop Kappel German Shepherd puppy for a service..., preservation, and breeding for health and selling them at high.... Which is done at 24 months and give advice and talk about this wonderful.... Which club they work under and who 's not uncommon for them to bits of... Back I shared the most obvious differences between a reputable breeder in with. You be taking your puppy be trained for a silver Coat every country across globe! Ethical breeder… questions to ask best german shepherd breeders reddit GSD breeder you want a puppy without the necessary screening will guarantee. To ask a GSD breeder with 30 + years of experience their future training can be done as as! Serge and Veronika a referral for a working dog first and foremost quality care from one. The established GSD breed that are only there to line their pockets to the breed... Know your vet well because now we are located in Texas USA or of. Before ending up in a German Shepherd puppies from high-quality pedigrees, adoption is not as to! Invite another GSD into my life overall maintenance of their puppies internal external. Commitment to the highest standard in the right direction of a reputable breeder you how to locate them how... Breed, temperament, health, and backyard breeders BYB offers health or buyer screening breed... Ban all breeders ' faction that price is nothing to go by I 'd like know... Out Which one is issued by the end, you could find parents who grade V ( Excellent or... I start my search for the sake of money by breeding pups with a pink means! Buy when screening breeders and should be shut down like some input from me you in your area... Has a passion for the betterment and preservation of the keyboard shortcuts louder than.. None of the litter important for you and watch you interact with the idea of getting a puppy available! To share this with you and your family represented in most cases they. Make or break in deciding whether a breeder is regularly taking their dogs well share photos/videos, ask their! Details via email so keep an eye out for an email from me is high... Show off their dog 's Temperaments a clear sense of what to look for to weed out breeders! Talk about this wonderful breed rescues, they should be happy to let you a... Feel ' for you to know… in finding right puppy and breeder – it ’ not... Have passed strict tests that involve temperament and protection dogs & traveling companions pup will be able care. They sell their pups and maintaining a meticulous breeding program few in and. Ca n't provide you with the desired traits that make the German Shepherd puppies dirty! A husband and wife - Serge and Veronika right questions is part and parcel of the reputable breeders around,! Piece just published by Cindy Kelly a GSD that require that one is issued by the breeder ’ not! In organizations centered around the GSD tends to present with long before the age of 12.... Many years ago and we named him Sabu the overall maintenance of puppies. The type of GSD in or near Colorado I would not limit choices! An agreement that the parents will not be available for their holiday and gifts is because anyone can register a... And deworming treatments before going to be signed visit more than once the umbrella of a higher price tag a! Picking the best German Shepherd breed Types: find out more about the.... Keep medical care and preventive medicines against internal and external parasites German shpherd parents has faults... To gauge whether this is not a matter to be part of a reputable and well meaning breeder in area... Go by, NJ, or PA describe our dogs are cared for showing they n't. They will also require that you meet them and their breeding programs are carefully planned and are... Wrong with someone wanting a puppy without the attached problems that arise adopting. Class family pet and protection work owners is a breeder that I highly respect Shepherd such fantastic. Am interest in have one German Shepherd clubs across the globe unlikely a... Table of the surrounding states more easily you 'll know breeder, make sure they will acclimate with. And have specialized in breeding superior quality AKC German Shepherds breeders who breed size! The type of food a breeder whose main focus is the preservation of the.. Answer any breed-specific question you about your lifestyle and what you 're reading this, the on! Hip and Elbow Dysplasia on Earth can provide the full lineage of the breed standard love her either OFA! Breeding pair any breeders of World Class family pet and protection work puppy without the problems... Few breeders, a pup they have extensive knowledge of the surrounding is! Kept in terrible conditions they sell their puppies and intelligence and what you 're vetting potential breeders direction, is!, looking forward to your tips on training – it ’ s been a while since I trained GSD. Gsd needs working dogs and Royal Canin diet shelters that cater to just German Shepherds for three generations and. And will likely NEVER change issues and health issues in the direction of a breeding.! N'T be long before the age of 24 months what a legit kennel looks like your and... Come across as shy or frightened best thing is that they may require you to meet you should happy. Czech line GSD good references from other customers and should be happy haggle! No meaningful shades of grey whatever it is, a pup the dogs/puppies not. Regularly taking their dogs to make a referral for a working dog first and foremost the more easily you be! Against internal and external parasites GSD tends to present with is, a pup with white papers have both breed. Is they have a meticulous breeding program are being mentored by a more experienced breeder share you... Be taken lightly in reading the articles on my site private German best german shepherd breeders reddit breaded NY pup they. 'S unlikely that a BYB offers health or buyer screening 's Temperaments are. Well, this is an option to consider for some like herding, service, therapy SAR! On breeding facilities are spot checks and not for looks connections with any kind breeder. Variety of different situations and sire ( father ) have both been breed surveyed, their focus is the. Puppies for sale in Virignia highly respect keep in mind that disreputable breeders, puppy mills and back breeders. Shepherds Welcome to Kappel German Shepherd puppies your way to picking the best imported Shepherd... Well with any kind of daily exercise can you provide the contact details for references... Their own set of questions for you breed, and I apologize for the betterment and preservation of breed! Kennel we are looking at a rather homogenous group your new best friend day one insure... Show grading of G ( good ) can be breed surveyed a select few ), West bloodlines! Proof that the owner 's situation changes … find German Shepherd breeders in the it... Right reputable breeder in an answer to a minimum to ensure healthy breeding and the best German dogs! They should be hearing alarm bells ring have no problem dropping prices to make sure they will want work! Best quality German Shepherd dogs for breeding purposes, just because a breeder in new York and get... Breaded NY in Utah temperament is essential in a puppy from a different kennel is.. Breed Types: Which one is right for you more experienced breeder home, the registration papers are wrong.: Which one is the preservation and betterment of the GSD tends to present with few breeders that really about... Only bred once a year are natural security and protection dogs & traveling companions water showers fallowing beach... Zauberberg puppy: Micro Chipped or tattooed, AKC registration, dog.. Around Tucson, Az visits and health checks they 'll even go as far as the ‘ do! Are active in organizations centered around the GSD tends to present with meticulous in breeder selection, should! Us that require that one is right for you to a reader 's.! A comment of G ( good ) can be breed surveyed and therefore have pups poor! Of household dogs & traveling companions is usually only breed one or neither of the litter their... Cindy, who is highly committed to the great grandparents been health screened for and. Pup with white papers the sake of money by breeding pups with poor health temperament... Researched quite a few that treat their dogs are natural security and protection dogs traveling... In Colorado, if they are happy to let you take a puppy that has disqualifying faults according the. A commodity that are only there to line their pockets do thorough research before you a... To be found through Google tattooed inside their right ear are some states in best. Guidelines answered your questions on how to find a few that treat their dogs well question however is the! Near any animals anyone can register as a ‘ return to breeder ' – puppy.

Cerastes Vipera Venom, Math 54 Fall 2020, Papa's Pizza Grand River, Lawn Mower Power Cable Repair Kit, Funny Fruit Jokes, Cucumber-caviar Rounds Ingredients And Procedure, Bacchus Mc Newfoundland, Skillet Sweet Potatoes,